Warrenton highlight

An agricultural town in the Northern Cape, Warrenton is situated alongside the Vaal River just north of Kimberly.

agricultural town Warrenton in northern cape

Originally a farm by the name of Grasbult, it was bought in 1880 to irrigate fertile land as well as supply fresh produce to the diamond fields. The town that grew as a result was named after Sir Charles Warren. It remained the lif- line of the fields until mining in the area ceased in 1926.

train in Warrenton

Covering a total of 31.7 square kilometers with a population of roughly 22 588 people, this town has grown considerably since its humble beginnings. The only town in its municipal district that covers the area between Harts River and the Free State boarder, it is a place largely unpopulated in general.

  • Tierkloof Missionary Station
  • Old Prison Wall and Museum
  • Fourth Raadsaal

Image Credits:
Flickr
Martynbane

Visit our hunting safari page for more information about our luxury safaris